Monday, October 22, 2012

Style Icon - Tippi Hedren


Nathalie Kay Hedren was born on January 19, 1930 in New Ulm,Minnesota.  Nathalie's father nicknamed her Tippi.  I first saw Tippi Hedren in Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds  when I was in college.  I was taking a course called Films of the Fantastic and The Birds was one of the films we had to watch and critique.  I was 18 years old and by then The Birds had become a classic.  I enjoyed watching it in class so much and it is one of my favorite movies.

Tippi Hedron is very pretty and style in The Birds.  I think that is the first thing you notice in the movie.  Alfred Hitchcock became obsessed with Tippi Hedron and he was very persistent about it.  


Before becoming an actress Tippi worked as a model.






 Tippi Hedren during filming of The Birds.




 Promo picture for the movie Marnie, also by Alfred Hitchcock.






Tippi Hedren's wedding to Noel Marshall.  I wonder if that is little Melanie Griffith in the photo.
 

Here is Tippi Hedren with her daughter actress Melanie Griffith.  I think that Melanie looks just like her Mom only taller and not as stylish.  Melanie is married to the handsome Antonio Banderas and they have one child together. 
 
 Tippi Hedren today.  As of this post Tippi Hedren is 82 years old and still a style icon.


No comments: