Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Tolkien

I fully admit without any shame that the only reason I read this book a couple of months ago is because my favorite British actor Richard Armitage is in the upcoming movie playing Thorin Oakenshield.  If it was not for that fact I never would have picked up this book to read.  I never even heard of it before learning about the movie.  You are all probably wondering what secluded world have I been living in.

I enjoyed reading The Hobbit but not as much as many Tolkiens fans did and still do.  Don't get me wrong it was a good and even a fast read.  It is simply that these types of stories are not my cup of tea.  I loved the Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf characters and middle earth seems like a magical place.  I will not be reading Lord of The Rings.

Now please don't throw tomatoes at me.


3 Stars  

No comments: