Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boulevard Saint Germian, Paris France



Saint Germain is one of my all time favorite Ascended Masters.  I read many books by Saint Germain; most notably the I AM Discourses.  When I see signs Boulevard Saint Germain street signs in Paris photos I always think of Saint Germain the Ascended Master.  In my own mind this street is honoring the ascended Saint Germain of the I AM activities.

Ariel view of Boulevard Saint Germain.


Boulevard Saint Germain got its name from the Abbey of Saint Germain de Pres.  The abbey is the burial place of the Merovingian Kings.  The abbey was founded in the 6th century by Childebert I, son of Clovis I.  Under royal patronage the Abbey became one of the richest in France; it housed an important scriptorium in the eleventh century and remained a center of intellectual life in the French Catholic church until it was disbanded during the French Revolution. An explosion of saltpetre in storage leveled the Abbey and its cloisters, the statues in the portal were removed (illustration) and some destroyed, and in a fire in 1794 the library vanished in smoke. The abbey church remains as the Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Paris.  

Abbey of Saint Germain de Pres, 
  

The streets of Boulevard Saint Germain are alive with magnificent architecture and culture.

















No comments: