Monday, September 10, 2012

Hoop Artwork Makes Beautiful Home Decor

I love art, but I never would have thought that the wooden hoops used in quilting would make for such beautiful and inspiring art.  Yesterday I came across a blog named Mommy is Coocoo.  First of all I love the blog name and with such a fun name I knew that I would find some interesting blog posts.  One of my favorite posts on the blog is a tutorial on how to make art using fabric and wooden hoops.  I collect fabric but have not done anything with it for a while.  I used to quilt, but I find that I am involved in so many things now that I have not had time to quilt in years.  I still buy pretty fabric that I love though and now I have a huge collection.  I am definitely going to add some hoop art to my walls.  

Here is the hoop art from Mommy is CooCoo.
Here is the fabric and hoops that Mommy is Coocoo started out with.

 
Here is the process of creating the hoop art.

  


The end result.  Isn't it simply GORGEOUS?






For the full tutorial over at Mommy is CooCoo click HERE.



6 comments:

JoKnows said...

That is truly beautiful! And so bright and cheerful. I love it. I don't happen to have any fabric, but now I want some!

Unknown said...

Hi,

thanks for featuring my hoop art work and for the comment you left on my blog. :) Do you know you are a no-reply commenter? Do you know what that means? Look at this post and it will help you. People will be able to reply directly to you. Let me know if you have questions.


http://www.mommyiscoocoo.com/2011/11/hey-all-you-coocoo-commenters.html

Collar City Brownstone said...

I love looking at the photos of this post. Like you said they are so bright and cheerful. I have displayed fabric in pictures frames before but this looks so much nicer.

Collar City Brownstone said...

Hi Amanda, I loved making your hoop art today's post on my blog. You are so creative. Thank you also for the link because I was clueless about it.

Delana@dujour said...

What a great idea. I've been buying those hoops at garage sales but I didn't know why until now! Thank you.

Collar City Brownstone said...

Hi Delana,

If I had known I would have been buying hoops at garage sales too...LOL. Bloggers continue to inspire me in so many ways.