Thursday, September 27, 2012

Celebrating the Autumn Season




Last Saturday, September 22nd was the autumn equinox.  I love this time of year.  The northeast looks so beautiful with the leaves turning such bright shades of red, orange and yellow.  The fall foliage has already started and will peak probably in early to mid October.  This is a great time to take a drive into Vermont or Massachusetts., as well as through the countryside of Upstate New York.
  


This time of year makes me think of all the upcoming holidays that you spend with family.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays.


Bicycle riding through the countryside with family and friends is a great activity during this time of year.  Remember to stop and admire the views.



It is pumpkin picking time as well.  Last year I did not have to pick any pumpkins because I ended up with a huge pumpkin patch in my backyard from my fruit and vegetable scrap compost.  I thought it would come back again this year but it didn't.
 


Decorating with pumpkins is fun.  I don't usually see white pumpkins being sold but I will make it a point to look for them this year. 



Pumpkin soup is delicious.  I saw the recipe for this white pumpkin sanbar at Ushamadhavans Kitchen that I may try.  It certainly looks delicious.

I like this DIY pillow for autumn decor if you have a shabby chic home.  

I love this autumn flower arrangement.







Enjoy your autumn season and make the most of it.

 

1 comment:

JoKnows said...

Fall is magical isn't it? I want to do some trail hikes and take a visit to the pumpkin patch. How fun it must have been to have them right in your yard!