Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Spinster & The Beast

Caylen McQueen
I really dislike this cheesy looking book cover


 I had to give this romance novella 4 stars even though there are a few spelling errors and other things I did not like.  It is almost the perfect romance story.  The premise is really great and so it could have happily been a longer book.  I think the letter writing back and forth between the hero and the heroine could have been stretched out.  I also did not care for the use of the word "snot" or the scene with Nan and the ear wax.  OMG!  Those things took away from the quality of the writing and were gross. 

Never the less, I was not distracted away from the beauty and message of this story.   Some people reviewing this book on amazon gave it low ratings because they focused on historical accuracy and the fact that the book is so short.  I think that when you spend time over analyzing things what happens is that you miss what is really important.  This story is a tale of two people making a soul to soul connection that defies convention and is the true nature of love.  It is the same type of connection that John Thornton had for Margaret Hale and that Mr. Darcy had for Elizabeth Bennett.

This is the second book by this author that I read and both were extremely enjoyable.  Some may be put off by the name of the book, but it really is a novella of substance.  I LOVED IT!!!  I will definitely read it again


4 Stars

    

No comments: