Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Regency Era Undergarments

I am not in favor of bringing back the very restraining corsets that women wore during the 18th and 19th centuries.  They were too restricting.  I much more prefer the trimming undergarments of today.  While they make you look better in your clothing they do not restrict your breathing as corsets from the Victorian times did.  They are also not painful to wear.

Here are some undergarments from the regency period that I would not mind wearing today.

 Top front view of regency corset

 Side view of regency corset.  


 Some women would probably find these really corny undergarments, but I love it.

 Another regency era corset.  It doesn't seem as restrictive as some I have seen.  I like this one too.

 Short regency era corset.  It looks more like the sports bras of today.



All photos courtesy of Google search.  If any photo here belongs to you and you want credit simply contact me.  Thank you

  

No comments: