Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hidden in Paris

Corine Gantz - author

I enjoyed reading this book.  It was wonderful reading about these three women and how their lives changed within 6 months of living together under the same roof in France. I was most proud of Lola.  Underneath her fears and insecurities she still was able to dig deep and find her true self again.   I loved Lucas.  Imagine loving someone so much that you patiently wait for them to realize that you both belong together.  I loved how supportive Lucas was of Annie even when he did not agree with the things she wanted to do.  Lucas was always there for her through the thick and the thin.  I do wish that the author gave a better description of Annie.  I was trying to imagine what she looked like in my mind but it was a challenge with such limited description of her.

I love any book that includes food and the preparation of it.  I loved that Annie enjoyed cooking and prepared meals with careful attention.  She reminded me a little bit of Susan Herman Loomis.  Annie is a firebrand and I enjoyed her lively take charge personality.   She certainly is passionate.  

 The descriptions of Paris and Anne's house and garden are exhilarating.  Even though I enjoyed reading this book I did not find it to be a great book.  It is a nice chick-lit book to curl up with on a rainy day.


3 Stars 


No comments: