Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trade Joe's Brown Rice Medley



Yesterday for the first time I made a pot of Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley.   I did not dop anything fancy with it.  I made it plain and had it with frenh string beans and mushroom sauce that I made from scratch.  It was delicious and I definitely recommend Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley.
 





If you prefer to get more imagination using Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley I found this recipe that looks very interesting and yummy over at another blog named Living Lollie.  

These are the ingredients that Living Lollie used to put into the rice.  I like everything except for the edamame peas.  Edamame peas are too firm for me, even after cooking so for my personal taste I would skip them.  As a vegan I would also use olive oil instead of butter and vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.  

 Photos are courtesy of Living Lolllie.



The finished product!  

The first photo on top is a dish called brown rice with shallots.  Besides shallots and Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley it also contains broth and dry white wine.  For the full recipe click HERE.


 

No comments: