Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Being My Authentic Self


One of the things that I can absolutely attest to is that being your authentic self is one of the best things that you can do for yourself.  For the most part, I have never been much of a follower; especially when it came to my own personal values.  If something does not feel right and is basically against my values, I don't care what anyone says.  You will never get me to participate.  A perfect example of this is the taking of narcotics.  I have never ever tried any of it.  I have never smoked a joint.  When I tell people that you should see the looks that I get sometimes...LOL  However, to me, it was perfectly natural and normal not to deliberately indulge in anything that would negatively affect the life that is gifted to me.  In addition to that I was never fond of taking prescription drugs, so why would I take street drugs meant to alter my behavior and get "high".  I don't even like to take aspirin.

I can recall during my college years attending parties where marijuana was being passed around.  I never accepted it.  I had a boyfriend at the time who liked to smoke pot and I hated the smell of it.  I asked him to please not smoke when he was around me.  At first he respected that, but the day came when he picked me up for a date and his car had a faint smell of pot.  I was annoyed and made a remark about it.  His reply was that he enjoyed smoking pot and would I smoke a joint with him sometime.  I sat there thinking OMG is he kidding me????  He went onto say that if I cared about him I would smoke with him once in a while.  Now, the thing is that I never told him that he had to stop smoking it for me.  All I asked was that he not smoke pot when he was around me.   I also never made any self righteous speeches to him about being a pothead.  If he wanted to be a pothead that was his business; just don't do it around me.  So you can imagine my indignation when he started trying to turn ME into one.   What was wrong with that picture?  Lesson learned after that.....date men who share similar values to mine.

Several years later when I was in my mid-twenties,I went out to dinner with some co-workers.  We went to a really nice Italian restaurant near where we worked.  Somehow the conversation got around to smoking pot.  A female co-worker started telling the rest of us incidents of her silly behavior after smoking a joint.  The next thing you know all, except ME started talking about how drunk they got at past Christmas parties and the foolish things they did as a result.  Everyone (except me) thought it was funny.  After I said that I don't drink or take drugs, the female co-worker looked at me and asked me what I do for fun.   I replied that I have a great sense of humor, love to laugh, dance, etc and that I was already a blast to be around without needing to "enhance" myself with the use of drugs.  The female co-worker would not let it go at that.  She wanted to make fun of me and make me look like some type of weirdo.   I stood firm.  I let her know that she could take all the pot highs she has had and all the fun she has had getting drunk from alcohol and I was still ten times happier than she will ever be.  I don't know where that line came from, but it was the first thing that came into my mind.  After I said it, I smiled at her.  The female co-worker finally shut up and let me be.         
     


Always be your own authentic self.  If you try to be someone else you could end up looking like a fool or worse.





In this new year of 2013, I want to not only remain my authentic self, but also become happier, more joyous and free of limitations that impedes one's spiritual growth. 




I started reaching out to my Higher Mental Body more.  I desire it to become second nature to me to always look to and depend on my Mighty Beloved Magic Presence that is the Light that never, ever fails.  IT forever enfolds, sustains and protects me.  


My Higher Mental Body is definitely a female and I rejoice in it.  I have always celebrated that aspect of me.  My Goddess Being is never ceases to amaze me.  In the past when I was at my lowest She picked me up and gently carried me to rest and and to recharge me.  I like to call Her My Sunshine.  She lets me know that I AM a wonderful individualized expression of Divine Source.    




Another aspect of my authentic self is my deep love of the color pink.  I have a MAJOR love of pink.  Pink also represents the dispensation of Divine Love, Will and Grace and I say YES to that.  


In 2013 I want to pour more love to the urban city that I reside in.  I love retreating to the countryside, but there is no reason why anyone cannot experience, peace, love and beauty in the city too. 


The I AM Temple of Love and Light is a project so dear to my Heart.  May the Temple be raised as a place for all people to honor the Presence that is all of us.  I command and demand My Sunshine who IS the Light of God that never fails to guide me.  You know all things and can do all things.


 My Magic Presence already knows what I desire and require.




I offer up a toast to being my authentic self!  Thank My Sunshine!
 




Love Always


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! I don't drink or smoke either, and I totally understand what you mean about people constantly trying to pressure you into it or acting like you are "weird" for not engaging in behavior that will ruin your health. Continue to stay true to yourself, you inspire us all! Ultimately each one of us is accountable for our own physical and spiritual health and no one else should influence that.

Beverly Giroux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.