Saturday, October 20, 2012

Style Icon - Sophia Loren


One of my favorite actresses of all time is Sophia Loren.  I've seen some of her movies over the years and I may even check netflix this weekend to see if there are any available for streaming.  Sophia Loren is also gorgeous.  Her Mediterranean beauty is exotic and unlike what Hollywood usually promotes as beauty.  When Sophia's career started out she was advised to get her nosed fixed to make it smaller.  I think that Sophia ignored that advise and kept the nose she was born with.  Sophia's asymmetrical features are beautifully unique to her and why would she want to look like everyone else.  Looking different is not a crime. 


Sophia was born Sofia Villani Scicolone on September 20, 1934 in Rome, Italy.  She is the daughter of Romilda Villani and Riccardo Scicolone.  I read Sophia Loren's autobiography many years ago in 1979.  It is a very interesting story and I could not put the book down.   After I read her book I admired Sophia even more as person and actress. 

 

Sophia's high cheekbones and large brown doe eyes are some of the main hallmarks of her good looks.

    

I have a lot of respect for actresses who do not succumb to that bottle of peroxide.  There is beauty in all hair colors. 




Sophia Loren as Jimena in "El Cid".
 

 
I would imagine that Sophia's facial features are a makeup artist's and photographer's dream subject.  There is so much beauty to bring out in her.  
 
Sophia Loren with Charlie Chaplin.  

Sophia Loren also had great legs.  I never met her in person but she seems to have a large bone structure.  

  
Sophia darker Mediterranean beauty set many American men on fire.  Cary Grant was mesmerized by her and asked her to marry him.  Sophia married Carlo Ponti instead and many people who knew Cary Grant believe that he never got over Sophia.  Carlo Ponti passed away in 2007.  Sophia was asked if she would ever marry again and she said no, never, because it would be impossible fo her love anyone else.  Isn't that sweet?  I would love to meet the great love of my life and feel the same way about him.


Sophia was definitely a sexpot in her heyday and she always seemed comfortable with it.  There is no way I would personally leave the house with half my boobs showing. 
 


Sophia's makeup always plays up her best facial features which are obviously her beautiful eyes.
 
Sophia Loren today.  At  the time of this post Sophia just turned 78 years old.


Sophia Loren's autobiography

This book is such a great read.  It is no longer being published but there are copies available from private sellers on Amazon.  Sophia Loren is an incredible woman. 

2 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a people person you are! Sophia is a wonderful icon isn't she? Some gorgeous photos here. So nice you came by! I saw a turn off for Troy when we were out and about somewhere. So fun touring your part of the country!

JoKnows said...

She is a beauty, isn't she? Those eyes!