Thursday, October 25, 2012

Courtship, Dating Whatever you Want to Call It.

When it comes to dating, which I prefer to call courting because it just sounds more romantic to me, I prefer to keep things simple.  I don't need for a man to plan elaborate expensive dates.  What is most important to me is that we give ourselves plenty of time to spend together getting to know one another better.  The more time that a couple spends together the better you get to know him or her.  You will get to see how they iinteract and respond in different situations.  

It is also important to honestly communicate with one another.  That means being able to talk about anything easily so I prefer dates that are more conducive to that.  

During the warmer months of spring, summer and fall there are so many things that couples can do that are fun while at the same time giving you both plenty of time to talk and get to know one another.  Picnics are fun.  It is really so lovely to plan a picnic date with a man.  Together you both can plan the picnic.  What foods and drinks will you bring and where will you go.  Often a nearby local park is the perfect spot.  How about driving into the countryside to share a picnic lunch in an orchard or state park where you can find a picnic table under a tree?

      




How about a fun bicycle ride together.  This looks like fun but I would prefer to be on my own bicycle. 

Yes, this is more my speed...hee hee haa haa.  You can still have a lot of fun riding your own bicycle alongside your man.  In the bicycle basket you can store a picnic lunch or stop someplace for sandwiches.  


Enjoying and appreciating the scenery is all a part of it.  I love a man who sees and appreciates the beauty of the earth.   Remember to bring a camera.    



I also love the idea of preparing a meal together which includes going shopping together for the ingredients.   These days many men know how to cook to some degree.  If he doesn't you can still go shopping together for the food.  He can chop the vegetables for you.  

I am so very much a morning person so having a man come over early to have breakfast with me is totally on my radar.  Come right on over at 7 or 8 am .  Or if there is a great place that opens early for breakfast we can do that too.  As long as we have time to be leisurely about it.

Sharing a leasiurely meal in a restaurant that has lovely surroundings is always a great thing to do. 
  
Bringing a woman flowers will never go out of style and women love it.


Take my hand and kiss me with your eyes.
 
This guy looks a little bored watching her play the pianoforte.  Or is he standing there imagining what she looks like naked?
 
 Ahhh...the art of courtship.  


1 comment:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Xenia. Great post, but, I have to say, I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about 'courting' any more. It was great when I was young but it sounds like a lot of work at this point in time. Anyway, I still do pretty much all that stuff now without having to impress!..Happy Thursday..Judy