Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vintage African American Portrait Photographs

Periodically I will post vintage photographs featuring African Americans.  I love looking at old vintage photos and ephemera.  What I have found lacking though are African Americans in collectible vintage photographs.  Slowly the tide is turning and images of African Americans from "back in the day" are popping up.  I feel that these old photographs are important because it gives the present generation a clearer view of black people during the 19th century on up to the 1970's. 

The following photographs are specifically portraiture images.  I love everything about these photos from the stylish clothing to the expressions on their faces. 















  






 
















I am very thankful for the invention of the camera and for the talented photographs who took these pictures for posterity.


No comments: