Saturday, August 25, 2012

Richard Armitage Filming Black Sky

As all of you Richard Armitage fans know we have seen and heard little of him during the 18 months that he spent filming The Hobbit in New Zealand.  The handsome stranger is currently filming a movie titled Black Sky in Detroit Michigan.  It is so nice to know that Mr. Armitage is right here on US soil...LOL  The director and producers of Black Sky are smart to scoop up Richard Armitage right away.  This brilliant British actor is still relatively unknown in America, but after The Hobbit premieres in December I am sure that will change.  It may even cause renewed popularity of the BBC movie North & South because people will want to know more about who Richard Armitage is and what productions he has been in in the past.

Some lucky fans got a chance to meet Richard Armitage on the set in Michigan.  I thank you "RAlover" for sharing these photos with us.






Much thanks to the assistant director of Black Sky for tweeting this photo of Richard Armitage during filming.  It is nice to see Richard in a suit again instead of covered up as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit.  He is simply GORGEOUS!  In Black Sky Richard plays a widowed teacher with two sons.

 Another great photo from a fan who got to meet Richard on the set of Black Sky.  I cannot understand why you all cut yourselves out of the picture.  Did you call in sick to work and don't want your boss to know where you really were?  What is up with this?  I would never cut myself out of a picture with this gorgeous man. 




I always have to pay homage to the character John Thornton for starting my Richard Armitage crush.  If you haven't seen the BBC North & South movie yet, then do yourself a favor and watch it.  You will thank me.  


  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I met Richard Armitage today on the set of the movie he is filming in Michigan, tentatively titled Black Sky. He was so kind and gracious; he shook all our hands and introduced himself as "Rich". He signed autographs for us and then headed off to film a scene. We were not allowed to take photographs. SO EXCITING!!!

Collar City Brownstone said...

OMG!!!! Good for you Lisa! I admit that I am a little green with envy. I guess he was in costume and that is why you were not allowed to take photos. Thank you so much for letting me know. I so much desire to meet Richard Armitage too. I do hope that he spends more time in America making movies. That will up his chances of being in New York. Maybe Richard will even get a place to live in New York if he does end up being cast in more American made movies.

Lisa I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! I know this is a day that you will never forget.