Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sleek Makeup

I found out about a cosmetic company that caters very much to black women from watching You Tube.  Some of  the  women on You Tube that I subscribe to did glowing reviews on Sleek Makeup.  Sleek is based out of the United Kingdom.   I like supporting makeup companies that cater to black women in a big way.  I went to the Sleek Makeup website and put in an order.

 The first item that I chose is the new skin revive foundation.  Sleek has many more shades than what you see here in this photo.  They have lots of much darker shades and the one I picked out for myself is deep sable.  LOVE it!  This is the foundation that I will be wearing during the warmer months.  It gives me the medium coverage I want and makes my skin glow at the same time.  I notice a dewy look to my face that is associated with youthful skin.  Another thing that I love about this foundation is that it is not watery and runny.  It is thick and more like a mousse.  The bottle has a pump on it.  It reminds me very much a whipped mousse foundation by Avon that I love.  I can no longer get this foundation in my darker complexion though.  Avon still sells this whipped mousse foundation but the color range no longer caters to women of color.  It is a shame because it was perfect for me.  It is nice to see Sleek Makeup come along and provide me with such a great replacement.  I paid $11.00 US dollars for this product.  This is very reasonable for foundation.


The second item I chose is Sleek's Hide It concealer in 04.  There are 5 other shades.  I paid $5.50 for the product.  Again this is reasonable as concealers go.  The product dos a very good job as a concealer.  It also goes on creamy and smooth.


The third item I picked is Sleek's suede effect pressed powder in suede effect 04.  It retails for $12.00 US dollars.  I have not tried this product yet.


The forth and final item that I chose to order is Sleeks paint polish in chocolate kiss.  I love it.  It goes on really nice and matches well with my skin tone.  As I get older I am more into natural/nude looking lip glosses.  This item is $6.50.  This is more than I prefer to pay for lip gloss but the quality is good and you get a good amount of product in the container.


Shipping was $10. US dollars.  I received the items very quickly and everything was packaged securely.  Great experience with Sleek Makeup      

      

No comments: