Friday, April 27, 2012

My Bathrooms

I have two full bathrooms in my Victorian home.  One on each floor.  These photos were taken by Photographer Neil Grabowsky of Through The Lens Studios based out of Montclair New Jersey. 

This is the bathroom on my first floor and the one that I use every day since my bedroom is on the first floor.  This room was a bedroom before I turned it into a bathroom.  The wall and floor tiles are from Lowes Home Improvement Center.  I purchased the claw foot tub from an antique furniture thrift shop in Ravena.  There is no shower hook up yet in this bathroom.  I am in no hurry since I am a daily tub bath bather.  The walll sconce is from Home Depot.  The ceilings in both of my bathrooms are very high. 
 

I love lighting candles in the bathrooms.  This candle holder was given to me by my friend Donna Thomas, owner of Vintage Chic Furniture.

Wreath on bathroom door.


This is the bathroom on my second floor.  It was already a bathroom when I bought the house but I totally redesigned the layout to match the bathroom on the first floor.   As you can see this bathroom has the shower hook up.  With my ceilings being very high I had to buy a long chain to have it suspended low enough.  Wall and floor tiles are from Lowes Home Improvement Center.   The tub also came from the antique furniture thrift store in Ravena.

I still have to work on the door trim in my upstairs bathroom.  I also want to change the overhead light fixture.  

The bathroom sink is very old and was originally in a dentist's office.  I purchased it from a historic supply warehouse store in Hudson New York.

 

2 comments:

T and J said...

Hi Xenia!
It's Theresa from the soap shop! Love your bathrooms. We just purchased an old colonial on Brunswick Road with an old tub. I can't wait to get in there and use it (maybe even use it as a photo prop for some of my products). Great pictures!! ~T

Collar City Brownstone said...

Hi Theresa, I would love to see photos of your new home. I bet it is beautiful. I will be stopping by your store this week to get more bath balms.