Sunday, April 22, 2012

Love - Jane Austen Style

You may be wondering why I named this page Love - Jane Austen Style.  Just as the title suggests it is because I believe in old fashioned love the way it used to be where women were not required to hop into bed first to win a man's love, adoration and affections.  It is the kind of love that comes from the soul.  It is the reason why I adore Jane Austen's books, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and Regency period romance novels.

You are probably saying to yourself, "is this gal kidding?".  No, I am not kidding.   I want a man to look at me, see my soul and all that I am (so called flaws and all) and fall deeply in love with me....Xenia.  I am not interested in and never have been interested in jumping into bed with every man who asks me for a date.  I do not see myself as a receptacle for sperm.  I think that sex is wonderful but not as a contact sport or something I need to give up because a man buys me a meal.  I can just imagine how many people who read this will start rolling their eyes.  Go ahead an roll them...lol...I prefer to be my authentic self regardless of what anyone thinks, and NO, I am not some 18 year old girl living in a fantasy world.  I am a grown over 40 female who has a good job, owns her own home, my own car, is well read, appreciates art and culture and likes to have great fun.  And in case you are wondering, I am not a member of some strict religious cult.  I am not affiliated at all with any religion.  I do not even care much for traditional religion and am more of a believer in "new age" thought. 

I just simply believe in old fashioned true love and romance Mr. Darcy and John Thornton style.  More on this in another post.  It is late Sunday evening and I want to chill out a bit by reading before retiring to my bed for the night.  This gal has to get up early in the morning to go to work.  :-)

              

No comments: