Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pasta and Cheese bake

I made this today for dinner.  Below is the recipe but I warn you about measurements.  I am not good with that.  I use the "eyeball it" method.

Ingredients
macaroni
whole milk
shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese
cheddar cheese
asiago cheese
butter
habanero peppers 

Preparation
First let me say that I did add ziti noodles into this because I had just a little bit left in the box so I figured why not just throw in too.   That is why you see ziti in my mac and cheese picture.
Anyway, first put a pot of water on to boil.  Add some sea salt to taste and then wait for the water to boil.  Once the water starts to boil you can add the macaroni.  While the pasta is cooking add milk to another pot or saucepan.  I would say add about 2 cups of milk or more depending on how much macaroni and cheese you are making.  Add in all the cheese except for the asiago.  Also add the butter.  Set the stove to medium heat and make sure to keep stirring until all the  cheese and butter has melted into the milk.  Do not let it boil.  You may have to adjust the heat accordingly.  You just want the mixture to be hot enough to melt everything in it without it coming to a boil.  That may end up scalding the milk if you let it come to a boil. 

Drain the pasta after it has cooked and then transfer it into your baking dish.  Pour the hot cheese mixture over the pasta and mix everything up real good.  Sprinkle the asiago cheese on top.  You can give it a generous sprinkle.  I then placed the two habanero peppers on top.  That is optional.  You can also sprinkle some bread crumbs on top if you want.  Place into a 360 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. 

Then eat and enjoy!       

No comments: